Other PicoMicroYacht

Tuesday 8 May 2018

Beaching at Brighton


PicoMicroYacht was launched off the beach in Hove for a short hop to Brighton Marina.

I was helped into the sea by Jim, one of the 'fourdaysrunning' charity fundraisers, who was running 120 kilometers along the South Downs. Remarkable fit, he seemed not to be bothered  by walking down the beach after a long run.


The bank holiday sun had brought people to Brighton in droves and it was a little more peaceful out at sea.

The sun was setting as I passed the funfair at the end of Brighton Pier, listening to the screams (editors note - I have suggested this should be qualified - everything was alright).




On reaching Brighton Marina I called up on Channel 80. I found out they do not take craft without engines so PicoMicroYacht was beached just to the west of the marina.



 I looked back and saw Brighton Pier silhouetted against an orange sky, the end to a fantastic day with the fourdayrunners and my little voyage along the Brighton seafront.


The video below shows the launch at Hove, the Brighton Pier and the end of the voyage (Steve Reich's 'Piano Phase' is used as the background music).





No comments:

Post a Comment