Other PicoMicroYacht

Saturday 28 April 2018

Landlocked at Loxwood

Astute post readers will realise that PicoMicroYacht has been left stranded as I have taken the land route along the remains of the Wey and Arun Canal as part of the London's Lost Route to the Sea Journey. I had reached, or  had been landlocked, at Loxwood.

The best part of the canal is at Loxwood, where this stretch is lovingly resorted and navigable for three miles. However, on this occasion PicoMicroYacht  could not get launched since I did not have the special permission to navigate the locks.



Two centuries ago the canal made Loxwood prosperous and now the canal provides pleasure to many in the form of boating experiences. What better way to enjoy an afternoon but be ferried along the canal in one of the fleet owned by the Wey and Arun Canal Trust? I introduce:

Zachariah Keppel:



                                                  Wiggonholt:


Or perhaps Josiah Jessop taken over by Pirates for one of the Trust's events:
















Leaving Loxwood, I set off  for Pulborough where I could be reunited with PicoMicroYacht and row down the Arun River to the sea.

In between there was the beautiful Sussex countryside.


Rural creatures were seen at every turn












Only about three hours later I was in Pulborough.












No comments:

Post a Comment